Vitamin D3 – 2000 IU Softgels – 120 Count
- Contains 2,000 IU of vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol) per softgel
- Derived from wool oil (lanolin)
- Supports calcium absorption
- Promotes immune and bone health
- Gelatin softgel capsule guaranteed BSE-free
- Contains rice bran oil as the softgel base
- Contains NO artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives; no wheat, gluten, milk, eggs, peanuts, tree nuts, soy, crustacean shellfish or fish
Suggested Use: Take one softgel daily with food or as directed by a physician
About our Vitamin D3
It is estimated that 40% of the population over the age of 50 is deficient in vitamin D. Vitamin D helps maintain healthy bones by stimulating the absorption of calcium in the body. Without it, the body is unable to utilize the calcium supplied via the diet or supplements. Recent research has found correlations between low vitamin D intake and higher rates of numerous diseases.
Vitamin D is commonly referred to as the “sunshine vitamin.” The body manufactures vitamin D when the skin is exposed to sunlight. But many people do not spend enough time outdoors to obtain this benefit.
Even though the RDA is set at 400 IU, there are many populations that may require higher amounts of vitamin D including populations at risk for deficiency such as the elderly, dark-skinned individuals, overweight and obese individuals or those that lack sun exposure, and those who do not consume enough vitamin D-rich foods.
These soft BSE-free gel capsules contain 1000 IU of vitamin D3 and contain no artificial colors, flavors or preservatives; no wheat, gluten, milk, eggs, peanuts, tree nuts, soy, crustacean shellfish or fish and are suitable for the vegetarian diet.
Each bottle contains 100 pills up to a 3 month supply depending on doctor recommended dose.